The WordPress theme Silverbird from WP3Layouts is in my opinion a nice, simple and rather clean theme. It was first released in 2018 and saw a few updates in the next few months. After that it dried up.
There is also a Pro version for sale, but I don’t really need features in a theme, that is what plugins are for.
I do use the theme myself, but saw that it didn’t work in WordPress 5.6 anymore, due to jQuery updates. It does work with PHP 8, which is quite nice.
I don’t expect any updates coming from the original author.
I forked the theme as Silverbird Lite, which is now available on GitHub. I don’t intend to do much with it, just keep it in working state. I did remove a few things, like Google Fonts, since I don’t like my visitors being tracked by Google.
The first changelog looks like this:
- = 1.1.0 =
- Rename to Silverbird Lite.
- Tested on WP 5.6 and PHP 8.
- Fix preloader and disable it by default.
- Update Bootstrap.js from 3.3.6 to 3.4.1.
- Remove old modernizr 2.6.2.
- Remove Support tab in Customizer.
- Remove Google Fonts, there are plugins for that.
- Remove Google Plus from social media links.
- Remove Swipebox, you might prefer your own image modal.